Last week I got the chance to revisit one of my all-time favourite monologues.
Here are some of the lessons I learned from going on camera for that practice session:
1. Picking something that simultaneously inspires and challenges you goes a long way.
2. Know the script inside out and backwards.
3. Be ready to improvise.
4. Eye contact is a WHOLE new universe…
4.1. Pro on camera actors are godlike beings with uncanny awarenes of their extremities. Hands down. Pun intended.
5. Dressing the part helps in more ways than one.
6. Review, identify, assess, and build on shortcomings.
7. Enjoy the process.
What’s your #1 Doctor Who moment?